This article is out of date. Please check: Rocket Steamer in Bangladesh – Schedual and getting advance tickets for latest and updated info on rocket service in Bangladesh.
Rocket Steamer is a paddle steamer with ancient look. A trip in a rocket steamer can be one of the bet trip in your life.
Dhaka-Khulna (Having stoppages some stations between these 2 destinations)
Every day except Friday. But only Sunday & Thursday Rockets go till Khulna. Remaining days go till Morelgonj which is 2 stoppage before Khulna.
- Dhaka: 6.30 pm from Sadarghat River Station. Reaches Khulna next evening (6.30 pm)
- Khulna: 3.00 am. Reaches Dhaka next morning.
- Dhaka-Mongla first class: USD 15 (Taka 1,030/person) Each Cabin has 2 beds.
- Dhaka-Khulna class: USD 17 (Taka 1,190/person).
- Deck Class fare: USD 2.2 (Taka 150) Sleeping bag needed to travel by this class.
You can book the ticket in advance. Buy ticket just before 2-3 days of your trip from -
Bangladesh Inland Transport Corp (BIWTC)
5 Dilkusha, Dhaka.
Office hour: Sunday – Thursday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
No online or e-mail booking facility.
If you can not get 1st class tickets, don’t worry. Buy a Deck class ticket, ride on the steamer and request any staff for their staff cabin for some extra money (Say double of Deck class). Keep the bags and go to the 1st class area to see the riverine beauty.
Latest posts by mahmud (see all)
- Best budget hotels in Dhaka - September 22, 2010
- Latest time-table for the rocket steamer in Bangladesh - September 21, 2010
- How to visit Bangladesh National Assembly Building - August 28, 2010